Friday, January 05, 2007

Part-time job

The reason why I have not blogged for so long, is because I have taken up a part-time job.

This part-time job has taken up most, if not all, of my leisure time, and I hardly have time for anything else. Blogging included.

This part-time job is no easy job at all.

It is time consuming, mind boggling, hair pulling, and it does not take "no" for an answer. It expects the best and only the best. Initially it is exciting, but after a while, when you realise there is so much to do, and so much more to do, it becomes so frustrating and tiring, and yet the job does not allow one to throw in the towel.

And the bad news is, once you embark on the job, it can stretch for as long as a year. And don't be surprised, many feel that a year is too short!

If you have gone through it, you would probably have guessed it, I have become a wedding planner--for myself!

Xiangrong and I have discussed plans to tie the knot at the end of the year. After deciding on the date, it sparked off the frantic search for a wedding venue and our house.

When I say "frantic", I am not exaggerating at all.

If any of you have tried to book restaurants or hotels for your wedding before, you would probably sympathise with us. If you have, at the same time, tried to look for a resale house, you would perhaps understand the "torture" having to go for house viewing every other day.

I shall share more of these tales as the days go along.

Not to mention, I have not really started my search on bridal studios, ROM venues, photographers etc.

People who have gone through these tell me to enjoy the process because it is once in a life-time. Perhaps I will say the same things next time. But it is quite hard for people who are "suffering" to "enjoy" themselves. It is the same as telling others that school life (including examinations) can be the best part of your life. =P

I should be on my way to start my part-time job now, I shall tell you more next time!

And yes, happy 2007!

4 Comments:

At 10:59 PM , Blogger py said...

Congratulations Yvonne! =) You're #2 in our class! hee.. Happy planning and looking forward to your invitation! Hee..

peiying

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger yvonne said...

Thanks! =)

 
At 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congra

 
At 10:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home