Friday, August 04, 2006

Such a Good Boy

Johnny is such a good boy, he turned up on time for the reading session and he remembered what we read together the last time!

Remember the slip of paper I gave him last week? He told me he stuck it on the refrigerator door at home and he kept the ultraman picture frame in his room.

(Yippee!)

Just hearing that brightened up my day.

We read two stories on chameleons and magpies, and talked about lizards and eggs. An hour flew by so quickly.

When I told him there would be no reading for two weeks (according to the schedule previously set), I thought I caught a glimpse of his disappointment. Perhaps it was mine.

We walked out to the school gate together and parted ways. He went right while I went left. After walking a couple of steps, I turned my head back. And was it by coincidence? He turned as well. I smiled and we both continued our way.

When people engage in volunteering work, the term "help" is often used. Sometimes I wonder, who actually receives more?

I look forward to our next session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home