Friday, July 29, 2005

Keep that chocolate sundae away from me!

That day, I committed a “crime”. The crime scene was Swensens. I was guilty of the act of giving in to temptation and gobbling up a chocolate sundae at one shot. The “judge” has passed a horrifying sentence on me: I have put on one kilogram!

It was a good day and everything had been fine until the point “Swensens” came into sight. How was I to know that my feet would end up taking me there, my fingers pointing to a chocolate sundae on the menu, and my mouth happily chomping it down?

Now, I have to live with the extra kilogram of fats dangling on my flabby arms, thighs and belly. Yucks!

This is the perfect negative example of the saying “you reap what you sow”.

Regrets?

Perhaps.

Another chocolate sundae?

“Look at that chocolate sundae,
The ice cream looks so thick and creamy,
With oozing chocolate fudge,
It looks so harmless,
So yummy!
I am not hungry,
Perhaps just a little greedy,
I know ice cream is fattening,
But surely a little won’t hurt,
I will just take one lick,
Maybe two,
How about just one more?”


These are the thoughts that run through my mind whenever I pass by an ice cream booth. Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, coffee, mint ice cream…Well, from the looks of it, you can tell I am not a big fan of ice cream because all the names I can recall offhand are traditional kinds of ice cream. I like chocolate ice cream best, decorated with hot chocolate fudge. Frankly speaking, I do not eat ice cream that often, and I do not really have any preferred brand of ice cream (they all taste good to me!).

But still, I crave for ice cream, especially when I am in a lousy mood. People say that ice cream makes one happy. I do not know how true that is, but it certainly makes my day, (of course minus the guilt that comes along with the aftermath of putting on weight).

Well, girls are particular about their figure, forever striving to aim for an hour glass shape. This is an open secret. Although many may starve on rice and noodles, not many can resist the temptation of ice cream.

Most people eat at most a few scoops of ice cream at one go. It is not as heavy as a full meal, or appears as calorific as fried chicken or pizza. So, ice cream does not seem so “threatening” after all, does it?

At the very least, that is how I always try to comfort myself whenever I commit the folly of indulging in ice cream.

I generally have a sweet tooth. It does not help that ice cream nowadays are so cheap. For budget wise consumers, there are push carts in neighbourhoods that sell ice cream in cones, cups or wrapped with bread for just a dollar. Not forgetting fast food restaurants that sell ice cream cones for just fifty cents. For consumers who go for taste, branding and ambience, some restaurants offer delicious ice cream for less than ten dollars.

With such competitive prices, how can one say “no” to a harmless looking chocolate sundae? I can’t!

So to prevent myself from making a mistake the second time, please, please keep it away from me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home