Sunday, October 01, 2006

The things people do

This is the book cover of a secondary school assessment book.

It reads "Chemistry Manual", manual as in the manual swordsmen go in search for high and low their whole life, just to attain a higher level of martial arts, as often acted out in kungfu drama.

In ancient times, a manual is a matter of life and death to a swordsman. Now, just ask any student, and they will probably tell you that an assessment book or ten year series is just as important to a student’s life.


I thought it is quite interesting to relate an assessment book to a manual, a term commonly used in the past. This book would not have caught my attention had it not been for the word "manual".


Notice the duck prop hanging outside a window above the restaurant?

It is not unusual to see restaurants having models of their food outside to attract customers, like sushi restaurants and dessert shops etc. But this is the first time I see a whole duck being hung outside a restaurant. It looked quite comical amidst its setting.

Somehow this scene reminds me of Hong Kong, I don’t think this is something new in Singapore though. By the way, this restaurant is opposite Shaw Plaza at Balestier.


Xiangrong and I saw this on the back of a van while we were near a U-turn point.

The four words speak for themselves. We cannot help but burst out laughing simultaneously.

I was not driving at that time, but I immediately checked whether Xiangrong had the "turn right" signal on. Yes, he did. Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home