Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wake up, Woman.

The other day, I had a chat with a mistress.

Yes, a mistress. A third party between a man and his wife who were married for more than ten years.

I will just name her Lucy, and him George.

Lucy is in her thirties, she is not exactly pretty and dresses plainly. But she is the kind whom you feel comfortable talking to.

Lucy and George had been in a secret, sexual affair for three years. Lucy hoped this man would eventually divorce his wife and marry her.

Alas, her wish did not come true.

Recently, George’s wife saw Lucy’s love smses in his handphone and discovered that her husband has been up to some hanky panky behind her back. George started to ignore Lucy and refused to see her.

Finally, he decided to preserve his marriage and end his relationship with Lucy once and for all.

The man who used to dote and pamper Lucy, turned a heartless man overnight, and severed all ties with her. He even called her all sorts of awful names.

He had forgotten how Lucy helped him through the hard times and how she gave him her heart and her money.

No, I am not saying that George should stay with Lucy because she loved him.

Lucy knew George was married from the start and she should not become a third party regardless of what promises (or empty promises) George gave her. No one should break up another family.

I just feel angry because Lucy still loved the man despite what he did to her and pinned for his return.

I asked Lucy, “Why did you willingly become a third party? Do you not mind other people scolding you or calling you names behind your back?”

Her reply made me want to shout at her to wake up, quit being a fool, and snap out of this whole affair.

She said, “But I love him.”


Despite all that he has done? Despite him being cold and heartless?

“Yes, I still love him, I do not know why.”

When I heard that and saw the glow in her eyes, I have no heart to tell her in her face to come to her senses. Neither am I in the position.

I smiled and patted her softly on the shoulders. Inside, I was screaming, “Wake up!”

There are better choices out there! He is not the only shell left on the beach! Why stick to a heartless man and make yourself look so silly and pathetic?

I cannot understand Lucy's foolishness in love and I cannot bring myself to agree with her. Perhaps that is why people say love is blind.

I hope Lucy leaves George on her own accord soon. I am sure she will find a better man, someone more deserving of her love.

6 Comments:

At 1:11 AM , Blogger fr said...

You seem to be blaming the woman from the start. The man is more at fault. If the man had not started it or had ignored her in the first place, the situation would not have come about.

I think you don't understand because you look at it rationally. Murders are committed because of love. The maid for eg or the man who cut up the china girl. Not logical to you?

 
At 1:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes,I agreed with QA...

Someone I know have 2 wives..I heard that he showed his 2nd wife care and concern. His 2nd wife was so touched that she cannot bear to leave him.

 
At 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There’s no labeling who’s right or wrong in a relationship. A married man should never approach another woman with intimate intentions, nor should a woman reciprocate the feeling with love, despite knowing that he already has a family.

What matters is at the end of the day, they should have the courage to put wrong to right.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger yvonne said...

I am not blaming the woman. I am angry that the man ruined the mistress's life by his frivolous and promiscuous ways. But I cannot understand why she is unable to harden her heart and break off ties with him after what he did to her. Why cling on to someone who does not deserve you?

My opinion is, women these days should be more independent and not rely on men, whether financially or emotionally.

 
At 4:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is blind indeed. It defies all logic and rationality. The woman must have asked herself a million times why she is subjecting herself to all these. Letting go is perhaps one of the hardest things to do.

 
At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can't choose who ur heart falls in love with sometimes. How do you know when you will meet your true love?

i know of a woman who will not divorce his husband because of religion but she knows who her heart is with.

for this case it might be more clear cut that the man was just toying with her feelings. but sometimes feelings are hard to let go. Plus Jerks don't come with a label unfortunately.

by the way, why mention about the prettiness of the lady? Cause it suggests that perhaps she is not as pretty, therefore she feels that this man is her only chance for love?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home