Monday, May 28, 2007

40 Degrees

I had fever shock (and dengue scare) for the past five days, and just returned to work today.
Why "fever shock"? Because the fever subsided and just when I thought I was well again, it came back at full force, worse than before.


I am still in the recovering state now, no longer feverish, but am not taking any chances. I shall have to be more careful about what I eat, don't drive myself too hard, drink lots of water and have ample rest.

Last Wednesday:
I woke up with a bit of a sore throat, feeling a slight headache, but I went to work and even a game of badminton after work.On hindsight, I should have just gone home after work. I don't know if that
escalated the fever, but it certainly is silly to exercise when you are sick. After the game, I was pretty sick, and after I got home and bathed, I took panadol and slept early, hoping the fever would go away.

Last Thursday:
It was my off day, and I stayed at home because I was not feeling well. I took my temperature. 37.6 degrees, but luckily it's not too high. By evening time, my temperature went up to 37.9 degrees, my head felt heavy and horrible. I cancelled an original appointment to meet a renovator, and went to see the doctor who gave me medicine for viral fever and medical leave for the next day.

Last Friday:
I woke up still with a slight fever. I took medicine and by noon, my temperature had gone down to 37.2 degrees, almost normal! Great. I am looking forward to the weekend to meet the renovators, shop for furniture, try my wedding gown etc. But by 3pm, I could feel something is not right. My temperature kept going up, from 38 all the way to 39.7! My father took me to the doctor again. This time, he took my temperature, and gosh! It's 40 degrees! He asked me if I wanted to do a blood test there (results will only be known by Sunday) or go to A&E. He suspected dengue because of the high temperature. But because I do not have rashes or other symptoms, he felt it should only be viral
fever and gave me a stronger medication to try. He said if my temperature did not drop by next morning, I would have to go to the hospital straight away. I was quite worried, so were my parents and sister. Once I got home, they quickly placed cold towels on my forehead and changed them every few minutes all the way till midnight. Finally my temperature dropped to 37.5 degrees. And everyone went to sleep, tired but relieved.

Last Saturday:
I still feel a bit weak (and cancelled my appointment with the bridal studio) but other than that, everything seemed okie, I stayed at home for the most part of the day to recuperate.

Yesterday:
I went out to meet renovators, the weather was very hot. Just before I went to sleep, I started to feel a bit unwell. I woke up at 1am because it was too hot. I quickly drank water and took my temperature. 38.6. Oh dear! I then took medicine and went back to sleep, hopefully everything will be fine.

Today:
Oh yes, the fever is gone (please don't come back again!). I hope I get well soon.

3 Comments:

At 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

take care, dear...

 
At 2:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photographer knew about your blog and hence, he put a curse on you. Haha!

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger piglet said...

yes i think you shld take this time to get ample rest..perhaps you been working to hard at office and for your wedding and thus your immune system became weaker. Maybe you can try taking some supplements to tiao2 yang3...especially since your wedding is arriving in 6 mths' time? :) will pray for your speedy recovery ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home