Monday, March 20, 2006

A little act

I was feeling tired and grouchy as I got up early to get ready for work.

When I stepped into the company lobby, I rubbed my eyes and gave a grumpy yawn.

"Miss!...Miss!"

I looked around but could not see anyone.

"Miss...Miss!"

The shouts grew louder. But still I could not see anyone in sight.

Then a lady walked past me, she was listening to music from a earpiece. Behind her, there was an Auntie wearing a blouse and a skirt, and carrying a handbag, running as fast as her legs could carry her. Auntie screamed for the lady to stop and waved her hands frantically in mid-air. She was holding a card in her hand.

"Your ATM card! Miss! Miss!"

When Auntie finally caught up with the lady, she was panting and sweating, and her face was all red.

Auntie told the lady, "You left your ATM card in the machine before you terminated the transactions. I just took the card and ran after you. You better check your card."

So, Auntie had ran after the lady all the way from the ATM machine at the other side of the lobby.

The surprised lady thanked Auntie profusely before they parted ways.

It was a simple act of kindness, but it left me smiling as I walked off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home