Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hell Over Heels

As I am typing this, my feet is aching.

All because I wore a pair of new high heels the whole of yesterday, and even went shopping in it after work.

My feet started to hurt while I was walking home after a long day, and what a relief it was when I finally kicked it off once I got home!

Yesterday was not the most tortuous day I had experienced. A few days ago, I wore another pair of high heels and the pain was so unbearable that I had to "struggle" my way back to the office. I was lucky to have a pair of spare flats in the office to change into, so that I could nurse my poor feet.

I usually prefer to wear flats and pumps. They are comfortable and I can move at ease in them, and easily run, jump or do anything, as and when the occasion arises. With heels, one tends to be a little bit more prim and proper. You take smaller steps, you walk with your body upright, and you walk with an air of importance.

Recently, I am having a little craze over heels. Over the past two weeks, I bought three pair of high heels. One has black and gold straps, giving off an elegant look. The second one has white, purple and blue straps, a sweet and demure combination. The third one has a nice golden ribbon.

I saw a report before saying that it is unhealthy and dangerous for women to be constantly on high heels. I believe most women do not heed the advice, otherwise why do we still see so many women in heels everywhere we go?

Women can go to all extents just to make themselves look better. All in the name of vanity.

I am all up and ready to walk on heels again, but my poor rebellious feet demands to be rested to get back on form.

Some people say women have a higher threshold of pain than men. I truly agree.

5 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sudden craze over heels, trying to make up for physical shortcomings? heh... ok dun kill me

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger yvonne said...

haha, had that been the case, it would not be a sudden craze, but a long term craze!

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Nia said...

Well at least you can wear heels. When I'm walk in one, I look like a duck waddling, swaying from one side to another. Argh. And damn.. most pretty shoes are with heels.

 
At 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the high threshold for pain.. refers to child-bearing... and giving birth...

hehehe..
blessed be,
sing eu

 
At 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home