Friday, April 07, 2006

Are you getting old?

When I realized that I no longer enjoy some of the things I used to like doing, I am hit with the hard fact that I am getting “old”.

“Panicking”, I quickly made my own checklist.

What are the things that most young people like doing? Do I still enjoy doing that? What are the things that I used to take pleasure in doing but now feel that they are immature acts?

With a full score of 10 for “Yes, it is a fact that you are getting old” and 0 for “Cool, you are still young!”, I had a score of 4!

Whew!

Everyone gets old. It is just a part of the growing up process. But it still feels good to know that even though your age seems to increase exponentially once you hit 20, but your heart remains young.

Here’s my checklist:

You are no longer young if......

1) You find Campus Superstar a silly programme.
2) You do not like bubble tea anymore.
3) You no longer crave for MacDonalds.
4) The last time you took neoprints was ages ago.
5) You find online chatting a waste of time.
6) You stop mass-mailing or forwarding cute emails.
7) You find birthday gifts like teddy bear soft-toys childish and impractical.
8) The only drinks you order at coffee shops are kopi-o or teh.
9) To you, class gatherings are history.
10) You think that hanging sweet key-chains on your bags is kiddish.

You get one point for every “Yes” answer to each of the above.

What’s your score?

6 Comments:

At 11:38 PM , Blogger Nia said...

Hmm.. think I have 6 points. But of which 5 is a YES since years ago! Die.. I must have been OLD many years back. Now.. I'm even OLDER!! AHH!!

 
At 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Yes
2) No
3) No
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) No
8) No
9) Yes
10) No

Gosh! I'm a bit older than you!

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger piglet said...

haha mine is 4 Yeses too! same as u!! :)

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger fr said...

I think your questions with the exception of 8 and 9 are not appropriate. They only show that your are no longer a teenager.

As for Q8, it is really a habit. If you have not been drinking coffee from young, you won't drink it when you grow old. Likewise the reverse is true also.

Q9 assumes that old people don;t like class-gathering. Not true.

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger yvonne said...

Like I say, it is my checklist, so I do not expect everyone to agree with it or find it acceptable. =P

Q9 does not assume that old people do not like class gatherings. I meant that attending class gatherings are not a common affair for them. And there can be various reasons for that. One being that as we grow older, there is a higher tendency that classmates lose contact.

Your argument for Q8 does not apply to all. I did not drink coffee when I was young, but now I do. =)

 
At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got 4!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home